COURAGE is an apostolate of the Roman Catholic Church approved by the Holy See. It is a spiritual support group helping men and woman to live in accordance with the Church’s pastoral teaching on human sexuality, chastity, and same-sex attraction.
ENCOURAGE is the affiliate support group for spouses, relatives and friends of men and women who struggle with same-sex attraction. Both support groups work and pray to develop a Catholic outreach to people who struggle with these feelings.
The Five Goals of Courage:
- To live chaste lives in accordance with the Roman Catholic Church’s teaching on homosexuality.
- To dedicate our entire lives to Jesus Christ through service to others, spiritual reading, prayer, meditation, individual spiritual direction, frequent attendance at Mass, and the frequent reception of the sacraments of Reconciliation and the Holy Eucharist.
- To foster a spirit of fellowship in which we may share with one another our thoughts and experiences and so ensure that none of us has to face the problems of homosexuality alone.
- To be mindful of the truth that chaste friendships are not only possible but necessary in chaste Christian life and to encourage one another in forming and sustaining these friendships.
- To live lives that may serve as good examples to others.
For more information (in Edmonton) contact: email@example.com
Courage International: http://couragerc.org/