Planned Giving & Major Gifts Lead - Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton
The Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton has a full-time employment opportunity for a dependable and energetic individual to work as a Planned Giving & Major Gifts Lead. Supporting The Foundation of St. Joseph Seminary and Newman Theological College this opportunity advances the Mission of The Foundation to raise funds to support these institutions.
According to priorities established by the Board of Governors, the successful applicant will be responsible for innovative and effective strategies to cultivate and secure planned gifts for the future and major gifts for the present. This opportunity has flexibility with a work schedule that includes days, afternoon /evenings or weekends and includes travel throughout the Archdiocese.
Key results include:
- Creating opportunities, cultivating and inspiring current and potential donors, and soliciting donations for now and for the future.
- Developing short, mid, and long-term goals related to various aspects of planned giving and major gifts
- Work with and support fundraising senior volunteers at The Foundation
- Planning, tracking, reporting and administrating all aspects of the planned giving and major gifts programs
- Three to five years experience with successful donor relations in a not-for-profit environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Post-secondary training in financial management/planning or related field
- Certified Fund Raisers Executive (CFRE) designation would be an asset
- Active membership with CAGP (Canadian Association of Gift Planners) and AAFRE (Alberta Association of Fund Raising Executives) would be an asset
- Must be service oriented, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be known as a strong team member.
- Understanding of the Catholic Faith and of church temporal services.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a resume quoting the job title “Planned Giving & Major Gifts” in the subject line to HRPastoral@caedm.ca
We thank all those who apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about The Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton and the Foundation of St. Joseph Seminary and Newman Theological College, please visit our website at caedm.ca/Foundation
Family Advisor - Edmonton Catholic Cemeteries
We have an opportunity for a Family Advisor to join our team to market products and services of the Edmonton Catholic Cemeteries to Catholic families in the Edmonton area.
Responsibilities include meeting with at-need and pre-need families and individuals; preparing contracts for the purchase of burial spaces, grave memorials and responding to inquiries regarding cemetery policies and procedures.
Other duties include serving as an on-site resource to all who visit or call, liaising with funeral homes and ensuring all office records are kept current.
These responsibilities are carried out with the highest degree of integrity and sensitivity.
- High school diploma with some post-secondary office or business administration training.
- Experience in sales and retail would be a definite asset.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and attention to detail.
- A commitment to service and to be able to show concern for and willingness to listen, understand and anticipate the needs of individuals, families and agencies is required.
- Good computer skills including MS Word, Excel and accounting software.
- Knowledge of the Catholic faith is preferred.
For more information about Edmonton Catholic Cemeteries please go to www.ecc.caedm.ca
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit a resume including cover letter to Roxanne.Burton@caedm.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.