Principal - Vanier Catholic High School (Whitehorse, Yukon)
Job Description & Requirements
We are seeking a candidate who can embody the values and goals of our schools as both an educational and administrative leader for our whole school community. From developing and supporting our teaching staff to encouraging and nurturing our diverse student population, the Principal plays a critical role in making our school an amazing place to learn, play and grow. We are looking for the person who can bring significant and recent experience of working in school administration, preferably within the Catholic environment to be our Principal and lead our school through and beyond very challenging times in education. Our staff and students need someone committed to the mission and values of our school to help grow the faith and learning environment and be a champion for everything that the school stands for.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in Education or equivalent in educational administration and/or secondary curriculum;
- Experience in administration and/or educational leadership in a school setting preferably with management of human and financial resources;
- Experience teaching and/or leading in a secondary school;
- Experience working with a multicultural and a multilingual population is an asset;
- Experience in incorporating cultural activities into the curriculum of the school program is an asset;
- Experience teaching in a Catholic school with diverse curriculum needs is an asset.
NOTE: Candidates who have education, training and/or experience equivalent to the education criteria
listed above may be equally considered
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability:
- Willingness to be involved in the Catholic community and to provide strong faith leadership to students and staff;
- Ability to plan, and assist in, Roman Catholic liturgies is required;
- Ability to integrate Catholic teachings throughout the curriculum;
- Ability to commit to on-going faith formation for self and staff;
Ability to effectively lead, motivate and supervise staff and students and to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with students, parents, staff, school council, First Nation & community as a whole;
- Ability to create a safe and caring environment where every student and staff member feel secure, respected, valued and has the chance to succeed;
- Ability to set goals, organize and schedule an secondary (8-12) school;
- Ability to coach staff to teaching excellence;
- A willingness to accept shared responsibility for guiding student behaviour using a restorative approach as set out in Yukon Education policy documents (Safe and Caring Schools Policy; School Council Dispute Resolution Policy)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to maintain and build respectful and positive relationships with students, staff, parents, school council, Department of Education, Catholic Episcopal Corporation, Catholic Education Association Yukon (CEAY) and the community;
- Proven decision-making skills, demonstrating effective listening, ability to accommodate and to mediate diverse views, to stand up for what is best for the school, stand firm on informed decisions, and follow through;
- Knowledge of Yukon secondary curriculum and teaching strategies with the ability to develop, implement, and monitor special education programs and IEPs for special needs students;
- Commitment to high academic standards for all students through literacy and numeracy programs which incorporate innovative learning strategies such as social/emotional learning, experiential learning, current evaluation and assessment practices and staff development; and
- A knowledge of, sensitivity to, and willingness to integrate Yukon First Nations ways of knowing, doing and being that supports a culturally diverse student population with the ability to incorporate and promote this diversity within the faith life of the school community.
- To be an Administrator in Yukon, you must be certified in another Canadian province/territory first;
- Successful applicants will be required to undergo a security/vulnerable sector check;
- Relocation may be available; and
- Preference will be given to the candidate who is a practicing member of the Roman Catholic Church, committed to excellence in Catholic Education. To receive preference, it is required to include a current Roman Catholic Pastoral Reference, current Teacher Faith Letter and current Baptismal Certificate. Go to our website for the documents: www.education.gov.yk.ca/employment/teaching_catholic.html
Communications Coordinator - Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton
The Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton is a family of Christian disciples dedicated to bringing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to bear on the life in our community. We have an immediate opportunity for a Communications Coordinator to participate in this mission and to embrace audience-centred communications, compelling storytelling, and creative use of media to share the mission with internal and external stakeholders.
In partnership with colleagues within the Mission Advancement Team and the Archdiocese, the incumbent provides practical solutions to communications challenges, monitors trends that impact the mission, and assists with implementing communications plans and strategy. In all instances, the Coordinator crafts communications that are mission-inspired.
We are looking for someone who is ready to join a team and willing to help tell stories that inspire the faithful and empower and support the clergy and staff. We seek an individual who wants to use their skills and abilities to strengthen the connection between the people and the Archdiocese. We know that there is someone who desires to use their creative talents and energy toward advancing the Mission of the church and we would like this person to join the Archdiocese as the next step of their career journey.
We have a supportive and encouraging team waiting to welcome the right candidate. If you are interested in this opportunity, we ask that you review the linked detailed position description to confirm your interest.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume along with a variety of samples of your work, to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the position title ‘Communications Coordinator’ in the subject line.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Program Coordinator (Part-Time), Gianna Centre
Are you a motivated, professional looking for a chance to make a difference in the community where you live? Do you have a passion and knowledge about working with the diverse needs of vulnerable pregnant women and their families?
Put your superior attention to detail and supervisory skills to work as a Program Coordinator with Catholic Social Services at our Gianna Centre. The position is 32 hours per week and is benefit eligible.
You will be joining an established Agency that is guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect. With more than 50 years of service delivery, Catholic Social Services is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with more than 1800 staff, and hundreds of volunteers delivering 130+ programs throughout Central Alberta.
“As a Catholic social services agency, we are guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect.”
ABOUT THE ROLE
We need someone with a positive attitude and a proactive approach to provide support to our Gianna Centre. Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, confidentiality, and flexibility are necessary in order to work with our dedicated team. You will have a well-defined sense of diplomacy and the ability to build and maintain relationships with parish groups and organizations that support our life-affirming work.
Candidates will be able to work independently and as a team participant. Coordination of volunteers is a key role in this position.
Fluency in Word, Excel and client databases and the ability to use all office equipment are essential to success in this position. Primary job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate and provide a welcoming, hospitable, and safe environment for people under our care in keeping with Catholic faith, values, and social teachings
- Conduct regular intake screening meetings with prospective clients
- Establish and maintain professional community relations with other pro-life organizations and community partners
- Maintain appropriate personal boundaries with others
- Maintain open and effective communication
- Provide appropriate supports (strategies, advice) to clients, volunteers and students
- Lead special projects such as developing a training plan, new programs, presentations etc. Assist in the development and implementation of practical and meaningful educational options that benefit clients who access Gianna Centre
- Attend and assist in the planning of any events at the Centre or any pro-life events in the community as requested
- Attend training/staff development programs as required
- Participate in performance management planning
- Assist in the day to day operations of the program
- Assist in promoting Gianna Centre programs to the community
- Develop and provide adequate information on volunteerism to inquirers
- Obtain adequate information to support and ensure appropriate matches occur between volunteers and clients in a learning and interactive environment
- Design, develop, and improve support to the volunteers based on evaluation feedback
- Monitor, co-ordinate, and provide educational opportunities for the volunteers
- Coordinate the pre-screening, interviews and orientations of new clients, volunteers and students
- Continuously review program procedures in order to accommodate changing client and volunteer needs and develop engaging volunteer opportunities
- Conduct quarterly volunteer meetings to review processes and explore opportunities for quality improvement
- Meet with Program Manager, Director, and Volunteer Services regularly as scheduled
- Effectively communicate to Program Manager and Volunteer Services any new developments in volunteer programs or concerns regarding unplanned changes
- Co-facilitate on-going training and support to program volunteer contacts and volunteers
- Coordinate client follow-up and aftercare with volunteers
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Gianna Centre program manual
- Ensure all volunteer and client paperwork are completed according to program guidelines
- Work with the Gianna Centre team to coordinate quality improvement initiatives and ensure that practices are in compliance with COA standards
- Participate actively in the COA accreditation process
- Monitor and review monthly supervision forms, job reviews, and performance evaluations of Gianna Centre volunteers and students
- Coordinate the daily activities of Gianna Centre ensuring data entry is accurately completed on a monthly basis and information is filed accordingly
- Complete filing of documentation
- Develop and compile volunteer information packages, volunteer contact packages, and handbooks
- Collect and monitor all volunteer requests for Gianna Centre classes and educational opportunities
- Monitor and review monthly supervision forms, job reviews, and performance evaluations of Gianna Centre volunteers
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly reports on Volunteer statistics for Gianna Centre
- Compile and submit quarterly service review on volunteer initiatives
- Prepare and maintain volunteer files
- Monitor the completion and submission of consent forms, volunteer job descriptions, job reviews, monthly supervision and volunteer visit forms
- Diploma or degree in Human Services or related discipline
- Knowledge of pregnancy supports and issues related to unplanned pregnancy preferred
- 3 years of experience working in the human service field
- Supervisory and volunteer service experience preferred
The Salary range is from $23.93 – $26.93 per hour based on qualifications and experience. We offer flexibility, a comprehensive benefits package and a supportive working environment.
Please apply online at www.cssalberta.ca/careers to competition number 2728.
We thank all applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We offer flexibility, a comprehensive benefits package and a supportive working environment.
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity and people of faith or no faith
Marketing and Student Recruiting Representative - Newman Theological College
Newman Theological College (NTC) has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing and Recruiting Representative. This is a full time position providing coverage for a maternity leave. Reporting to the College President this team member will be responsible for the overall implementation, monitoring and adaptation of the College’s marketing and student recruitment plan.
- College diploma in Marketing or a related discipline with experience in social media advertising, visual design/branding. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong commitment to service with well-developed interpersonal, teamwork and communications skills are required.
- Requires flexible scheduling with some travel as well as evening and weekend work.
- Capable of working independently and being accountable.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate passion for the College’s mission as a Catholic institution preparing students for ecclesial ministry, education in the Catholic intellectual tradition of the liberal arts, and evangelization.
- Knowledge and appreciation of the Catholic faith is a definite asset.
Newman Theological College (NTC)is a Roman Catholic School of Theology committed to theological education and missionary discipleship. The college prepares laity, religious, and ordained ministers for Christian service and leadership in Western Canada and beyond. Our vision is to develop life-long disciples and ministers of Christ through the formation of minds and hearts. For more information about NTC, please go to newman.edu.
If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please forward your resume including cover letter to HR@newman.edu as soon as possible. This opportunity will remain available until successful applicant is selected.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Senior Accountant / Controller (Finance Lead) - The Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton
The Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton (CAEDM) has a full-time employment opportunity for an energetic and dependable individual to work as a Senior Accountant / Controller. This position advances the mission of the Church by planning, directing, and coordinating our accounting and financial services supporting CAEDM and its parishes, St Joseph Seminary, Newman Theological College and Edmonton Catholic Cemeteries.
- Engaging and dynamic opportunity supporting CAEDM, its parishes and institutions.
- Working with a dedicated, supportive and passionate team.
- Competitive benefits and retirement savings plan.
- Do you have the drive to make a difference to those you support with your financial leadership?
Key results include:
- Lead, coordinate and direct a team supporting a variety of financial services to our various entities.
- Demonstrated ability in comfortably managing multiple projects.
- Responsive and flexible to help meet demands of stakeholders
- Providing financial expertise, helping to identify and resolve issues and lead financial planning initiatives
- Fostering trusting, collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Financial planning including forecasting, budgeting, investing, accounting, and reporting
- Designated Certified Professional Accountant (CPA)
- Minimum of seven years demonstrated experience helping organizations thrive financially in a not-for-profit environment
- Minimum of three years of management / supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate trusting, collaborative & sustainable relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience leading and contributing to a high functioning, fulfilled team
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics Business Central, ADP, and MS Office suite
- Enhanced knowledge of fund accounting
- Proven history with decision making, accuracy, thoughtfulness, promptness and dependability
- Natural self-starter with initiative
- Excellent critical thinking, judgement, and discernment competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of the Catholic Faith is preferred
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a resume quoting the job title “Accountant” in the subject line to HRPastoral@caedm.ca.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Program Development & Communications Director - Providence Renewal Centre
Providence Renewal Centre invites applications for the full-time position of Program Development & Communications Director.
- Experience in program development, coordination, and marketing (website, social media)
- Excellent communication and computer skills (Microsoft Office, Zoom)
- Experience facilitating groups and designing prayer rituals
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Certificate, diploma, or degree in Theology or related field preferred
- Training as a spiritual director an asset
- Determine and coordinate program offerings and schedules
- Identify and resource programs and presenters
- Provide program-related marketing, communications, and public relations
- Prepare and adhere to an annual budget
- Prepare reports as required
We are looking for a detail-oriented person with exceptional people skills and the ability to work in a professional, caring manner within an ecumenically-based retreat and conference centre.
Please email applications to B. Kallal, Executive Director, email@example.com
Deadline for applications is April 22, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Planned Giving & Major Gifts Lead - Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton
The Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton has a full-time employment opportunity for a dependable and energetic individual to work as a Planned Giving & Major Gifts Lead. Supporting The Foundation of St. Joseph Seminary and Newman Theological College this opportunity advances the Mission of The Foundation to raise funds to support these institutions.
According to priorities established by the Board of Governors, the successful applicant will be responsible for innovative and effective strategies to cultivate and secure planned gifts for the future and major gifts for the present. This opportunity has flexibility with a work schedule that includes days, afternoon /evenings or weekends and includes travel throughout the Archdiocese.
Key results include:
- Creating opportunities, cultivating and inspiring current and potential donors, and soliciting donations for now and for the future.
- Developing short, mid, and long-term goals related to various aspects of planned giving and major gifts
- Work with and support fundraising senior volunteers at The Foundation
- Planning, tracking, reporting and administrating all aspects of the planned giving and major gifts programs
- Three to five years experience with successful donor relations in a not-for-profit environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Post-secondary training in financial management/planning or related field
- Certified Fund Raisers Executive (CFRE) designation would be an asset
- Active membership with CAGP (Canadian Association of Gift Planners) and AAFRE (Alberta Association of Fund Raising Executives) would be an asset
- A combination of education and professional experience will be considered
- Must be service oriented, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be known as a strong team member.
- Understanding of the Catholic Faith and of church temporal services.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a resume quoting the job title “Planned Giving & Major Gifts” in the subject line to HRPastoral@caedm.ca
We thank all those who apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about The Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton and the Foundation of St. Joseph Seminary and Newman Theological College, please visit our website at caedm.ca/Foundation