We have an opportunity for a full time Pastoral Assistant at Good Shepherd Parish located in Edmonton. This position has a variable schedule that includes some evenings and weekends.
The responsibilities include support for the Pastor of a comprehensive pastoral program for the parish. The successful candidate will collaborate with the Pastor, other parish staff, parish pastoral council and liturgy committees in the overall pastoral care of the parish.
Focus areas include Worship, Sacramental Preparation, Faith Formation, Pastoral Care and School Liaison in accordance with Archdiocesan policies and procedures. Included in this role are responsibilities to assist the Pastor in providing professional operational and administrative support for the parish.
- Certificate in Catholic Studies or equivalent
- Bachelor degree in Theology or Masters in Divinity is preferred.
- Training in specific programs such as RCIA, pastoral care, sacramental preparation and other specialties.
- Training in specific programs such as sacramental preparation, pastoral care and other specialties
- Conflict management, problem solving training
- Effective public speaker
- Knowledge of community resources is preferred
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite
- Active Catholic faith life and abides by the teachings of Catholicism in his/her personal life
- Requires some weekend and evening work for events and meetings
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a resume quoting the job title “Pastoral Assistant” in the subject line to email@example.com.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.