Archbishop Richard Smith announces the following Archdiocesan assignments. They are effective September 22, 2021 unless otherwise indicated.
- Rev. Shimit Abraham, CFIC, currently Pastor of St. Augustine parish in Ponoka and St. Stephen parish in Lacombe, is appointed Pastor of Corpus Christi parish in Edmonton.
- Rev. Curtis Berube, currently Associate Pastor at St. Thomas More parish in Edmonton, is appointed Associate Pastor at Holy Family parish in St. Albert.
- Mr. Julien Hammond, currently Senior Lead for Mission Engagement at the Archdiocese, is appointed Principal Secretary in the Office of the Archbishop, effective immediately.
- Rev. Miguel Irizar remains on leave from active ministry.
- Rev. Simmy Joseph, CMI, currently Parochial Vicar at St. Joseph’s Basilica, is appointed Pastor of St. Augustine parish in Ponoka and St. Stephen parish in Lacombe.
- Rev. Paul Kavanagh, currently Rector of Saint Joseph’s Basilica in Edmonton, is appointed full-time to his roles of Vicar for Clergy, Senior Lead for Mission Leadership, and Mission Lead for Worship.
- Deacon Francis Lau, currently Case Instructor/Auditor/Advocate with the Interdiocesan tribunal of Edmonton is, in addition, appointed Vice-Chancellor of the Archdiocese.
- Rev. Marcin Maroniuk, OMI, until recently Pastor of Our Lady Queen of Poland parish, is on indefinite administrative leave.
- Fr. Kazimierz Tyberski, OMI, is appointed parochial administrator of Our Lady Queen of Poland parish, effective immediately.
- Rev. Joseph Vadassery, currently Pastor of Corpus Christi parish in Edmonton, is appointed Rector of Saint Joseph’s Basilica.
Download the Assignments (PDF, 1 page)