St. Albert Parish is seeking a part-time Youth/Family Coordinator (18-25 hours per week with the potential to become a full-time position).
The Youth Ministry Coordinator is responsible for development, coordination, and implementation of youth ministry programs for school aged children and youth in the parish. The programs consist of a wide variety of components: evangelization, catechesis, liturgy, community building, social action, spirituality, advocacy, leadership development and pastoral care.
The person reports to the pastor and collaborates with other members of the parish team and staff at associated Catholic schools to bring about the goals of youth ministry: personal and spiritual formation of youth for active discipleship. He or she is responsible for recruiting and preparing volunteers to serve in this ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Theology or Education or related field, preferred
- Education in youth ministry, including the Canadian Certificate in Youth Ministry Studies, preferred
- Youth ministry experience
- Active, practicing Catholic – letter of recommendation from Pastor
- Formal education in the Catholic Faith
- Friendly personality – gets along well with most people
- A concern for young people and dedication and commitment to the ministry
- Leadership qualities – ability to motivate and enable others; ability to convene, manage, and direct groups
- Organizational skills – ability to implement a plan of action in an organized and efficient manner
- Teaching skills – ability to instruct groups
- Communication skills – ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
- Skills in volunteer recruitment, training and support
- Skills in time management
The position will remain open until a successful candidate has been chosen. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, a letter describing their background experience and why they are interested in this position, and at least two reference letters including one from a priest.
Please forward your application to: Fr. Jack Herklotz, OMI at the parish office:
Fax 780-459-6679 or Email email@example.com