The Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton (CAEDM) is a Roman Catholic Archdiocese that serves central Alberta. We have a full-time employment opportunity for an energetic and dependable individual to work as a Senior Accountant. This position advances the mission of the Church by planning, directing, and coordinating our accounting and financial services supporting CAEDM and its parishes, St. Joseph Seminary, Newman Theological College and Edmonton Catholic Cemeteries.
- Engaging and dynamic opportunity supporting CAEDM, its parishes and institutions.
- Working with a dedicated, supportive and passionate team.
- Competitive benefits and retirement savings plan.
- Do you have the drive to make a difference to those you support with your financial leadership?
Key results include:
- Lead, coordinate and direct a team supporting a variety of financial services to our various entities.
- Demonstrated ability in comfortably managing multiple projects.
- Responsive and flexible to help meet demands of stakeholders
- Providing financial expertise, helping to identify and resolve issues and lead financial planning initiatives
- Fostering trusting, collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Financial planning including forecasting, budgeting, investing, accounting, and reporting
- Designated Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
- Minimum of seven years demonstrated experience helping organizations thrive financially in a not-for-profit environment
- Minimum of three years of management / supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate trusting, collaborative & sustainable relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience leading and contributing to a high functioning, fulfilled team
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics Business Central, ADP, and MS Office suite
- Enhanced knowledge of fund accounting
- Proven history with decision making, accuracy, thoughtfulness, promptness and dependability
- Natural self-starter with initiative
- Excellent critical thinking, judgement, and discernment competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of the Catholic Faith is preferred
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a resume quoting the job title “Accountant” in the subject line to HRPastoral@caedm.ca
We thank all those who apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.