We seek a faith-filled and energetic individual to serve as the Parish Formation Lead who will advance the mission of the Church by working closely with pastors in their ministry to create a community of disciples united in Christ.
As an integral part of the Mission Leadership team, the incumbent provides guidance on parish-based formation programs and sacramental preparation, helping pastors and parish ministers to support the ministry of families, young adults, and youth.
Key results include:
- Update/best practices/development
- Resource person
- Consistency in sacramental preparation across the Archdiocese
- Reviewed and updated sacramental standards
- Guiding, supporting, and trouble-shooting parish-based mission formation strategies, programs, and experiences
- Communicating sacramental standards and guiding their use
- Responding to questions about sacramental preparation
- Responsive and flexible to help meet demands of stakeholders
- Providing expertise, helping to identify and resolve issues and lead planning initiatives
- Fostering trusting, collaborative relationships with stakeholders
- Graduate degree in religious education, theology, or divinity
- Demonstrated experience supporting the planning, implementation, and evaluation of parish-based mission formation experiences and programs
- Deep understanding of, and ability to guide, sacramental preparation
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate trusting, sustainable relationships, particularly with clergy
- Excellent critical thinking, judgement, and discernment competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to bring colleagues together to achieve a shared goal
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience teaching or training adults and youth
- Technical proficiency with MS office suite.
- Competitive benefits include a comprehensive sick leave program
- Matched Retirement Savings Plan up to 6% of earnings
- Opportunities for employee development
Conditions of Employment:
- Compliance with all qualifications for ecclesiastical office stated in the Code of Canon Law;
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the mission of the Catholic Church;
- Satisfactory background check and training in compliance with the Safe Environment Policy and Procedures and related Archdiocesan requirements;
- Compliance with all relevant Archdiocesan policies;
- Occasional travel may be required; and
- Evening/Weekend work may be required.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a resume quoting the job title “Parish Formation Lead” in the subject line to HRPastoral@caedm.ca
We thank all those who apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.