The Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton has a full-time employment opportunity for a dependable and energetic individual to work as a Fundraising and Events Coordinator. Supporting The Foundation of St. Joseph Seminary and Newman Theological College this opportunity advances the Mission of The Foundation to raise funds to support these institutions.
According to priorities established by the Board, the successful applicant will be responsible for innovative and effective strategies by providing knowledge and practical skills in fund development, donor engagement, effective communications and event management. This opportunity has flexibility with a daily work schedule that may include occasional evenings or weekends and travel.
Key results include:
- Creating opportunities, cultivating and inspiring current and potential donors, and soliciting donations for now and for the future.
- Developing and implementing information materials, presentations and seminars on planned giving and major gifts.
- Developing effective communication plans to support fundraising activities.
- Developing effective events planning processes, policies, practices, and protocols.
- Developing an annual work plan, including priorities, goals, activities, budget, and outcomes.
- Three to five years experience with fundraising or donor relations.
- Experience in a not-for-profit environment preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Must be service oriented, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be known as a strong team member.
- Understanding of the Catholic Faith.
- Baccalaureate degree in Communications, Humanities, Social Sciences, or Business preferred. Combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Certified Fund Raisers Executive (CFRE) designation would be an asset.
- Active membership with CAGP (Canadian Association of Gift Planners) and/or AAFRE (Alberta Association of Fund Raising Executives) would be an asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter quoting the job title “Fundraising” in the subject line to HRPastoral@caedm.ca
We thank all those who apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about The Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton and the Foundation of St. Joseph Seminary and Newman Theological College, please visit our website at https://caedm.ca/Foundation