The Archdiocese of Grouard-McLennan has an exciting opportunity for an Executive Assistant. This is a full-time position of 40 hours per week, including occasional weekends.
Reporting to the Archbishop, this team member will be responsible for administrative support to the Archbishop and other chancery officials, and to archdiocesan committees; organizing and attending various events and meetings throughout the archdiocese; assisting foreign priests with requirements of life in Canada; and, assisting with the development and dissemination of archdiocesan policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will be a highly-skilled professional with senior-level administrative experience whose track record demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills; judgement and discretion; ability to identify and manage priorities, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively, as the situation requires.
- Manage the Archbishop’s Office, including correspondence, email and meeting documents.
- Document and coordinate administrative policies and procedures for priests and committees of the Archdiocese.
- Attend to the immigration and civil status documents and the enculturation of priests from foreign countries who come to minister in the Archdiocese.
- Organize logistics, participate in and prepare minutes for several archdiocesan committees and special project teams.
- Operate and maintain office computers, printers, and other office equipment and provide technical assistance to the Archbishop, as required.
- Participate in organizing and preparing annual archdiocesan events, including the Archbishop’s Levee, the Rite of Election, the Chrism Mass, and the Archbishop’s Dinner
- Office Administration Certificate with several years of senior administrative experience preferred but other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent computer proficiency using Microsoft Office, digital meeting platforms and other web-based applications.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential materials and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have an active Catholic faith life.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Archdiocese of Grouard-McLennan
10301 102 Street
Grande Prairie AB T8V 2W2
Closing Date: October 7, 2022