The Diocese of St. Paul is accepting applications for a temporary contract position of Archivist. This position requires the organization and classification of Diocesan archival materials, sacramental records, and religious artifacts to current archival standards, Canon Law, and Personal Information Protection Act. The successful candidate will be primarily accountable to the Bishop of the Diocese of St. Paul or his delegate.
Location: Villa Maria Pastoral Centre – 4609 50 Avenue, St. Paul, AB
Duration of contract: 6 months with the possibility of extension
Salary: $22.00 – $30.00
Hours: 30 to 35 hrs/week
Education: Completion of post secondary degree or diploma in information studies, archives, records management or library sciences, or equivalent level of experience.
- Experience with RAD – Rules for Archival Description
- Accessioning, arranging and describing material
- Strong working knowledge of PIPA – Alberta Personal Information Protection Act.
- Ability to reference Canon Law
- Ability to be sensitive to and maintain strict confidentiality
- Proficiency in the written English and French language
- Knowledge of Latin is an asset
- Knowledge of the structure of the Catholic Church
- Working knowledge of the Roman Catholic faith and the sacraments
- Knowledge of office procedures and practices
- Strong computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in archives, or historical research
- Combination of education and experience considered
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Provide reference assistance
- Organizing, classifying and storing/filing records and artifacts
The job description is a guide to the duties expected of the employee. Because the nature of the job requires flexibility and adaptability to change, the duties will vary from time to time. The Diocese of St. Paul maintains the right to require the employee to undertake duties with his/her capabilities, which are not necessarily recorded in the initial job description.
Note: Successful applicant will require to provide Criminal Check
Please submit a resume quoting the job title Archivist in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all those who apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.