Newman Theological College is a Roman Catholic School of Theology committed to theological education and missionary discipleship. The College prepares laity, religious, and ordained ministers for Christian service and leadership in Western Canada and beyond. Our vision is to develop life-long disciples and ministers of Christ through the formation of minds and hearts.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Admissions Counsellor / Assistant to the Registrar. This is a full-time position of 35 hours per week. Reporting to the Registrar, this team member will be responsible for administrative support to the College.
This position plays a significant role in the operational support of the College. The successful candidate will be a highly skilled professional with well-developed interpersonal skills and a strong commitment to service excellence. The track record will demonstrate the following:
- Punctual, discreet, hardworking, and able to work with minimal direction,
- Adaptable and flexible,
- Good level of critical thinking and analytical problem solving skills,
- Ability to act decisively and to exercise initiative and judgement on a wide range of issues,
- Superior oral and written presentation,
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills,
- Is open and interested in new ideas and searches for new methods of doing things,
- Models innovation, flexibility, and resilience,
- Develops plans to check for quality assurance in processing, corrects errors when necessary, and adjusts processes to ensure fewer errors occur in the future, and has excellent attention to detail.
- Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions support including engagement with students throughout the admission process.
- Supporting the registar in the design and distribution of support documents such as guides, forms and calendars.
- Responsible to maintain the website with updates and offerings.
- Support for convocation activites with the Registrar and other student services team members.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and confidentiality concerning all activities.
- Experience in a post-secondary Admissions or Registrar’s Office preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent computer skills including experience with student information systems (e.g. CrossRoad, Populi, Banner, PeopleSoft) and Microsoft Office
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Access database design, Adobe Acrobat forms, and Adobe InDesign would be an asset
- Experience with maintaining a website
- Some knowledge of web design and HTML would be an asset
- Some knowledge of a CRM e.g. Salesforce would be an asset
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly
- Good level of critical thinking and analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to act decisively and to exercise initiative and judgement on a wide range of issues
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the College’s programs, policies, procedures, and operating requirements
- Knowledge and the Catholic faith is a definite asset.
For more information about Newman Theological College, please go to https://www.newman.edu/.
If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please forward your resume, quoting the job title “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line, to HR@newman.edu. This opportunity will remain available until a successful applicant is selected.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.