The Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton is a family of Christian disciples dedicated to bringing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to bear on the life in our community. We have a full time opportunity for a dependable individual to work as an Administrative Assistant.
As an integral member of the administrative support team, the incumbent will primarily provide support to the Mission Advancement Senior Lead and team comprised of communications, donor engagement and mission engagement. The incumbent will excel at calendar management and coordination, assess and respond to incoming and outgoing documentation, research, prepare and retrieve reports, assist with financial and data management, become the portfolio’s lead for document and records management, and excel at proofreading, formatting and tracking initiatives.
The Mission Advancement Portfolio will count on the incumbent to provide practical solutions to integrated support functions for the team and expect that you will not be shy in terms of speaking up and sharing ideas and suggestions. You will also demonstrate a proficiency and friendship with technology and software (current and emerging).
We are looking for someone who is ready to join our work community with a willingness to help our members reach their highest potential while receiving the same encouragement for the incumbent to do the same. We seek an individual who wants to use their skills and abilities to strengthen the connection between the people and the Archdiocese. We know that there is someone who desires to use their creative talents and energy toward advancing the Mission of the church and we would like this person to join the Archdiocese and begin the next step of their career journey.
- High school diploma, required
- Diploma or certificate in related field, required
- Combination of education and experience considered
- Minimum five years in progressively responsible administrative assistant roles
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate trusting, sustainable relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work with a number of leaders simultaneously
- Proficient use of office computer and database systems
- Demonstrated experience with records management
- Natural self-starter with initiative
- Excellent critical thinking, judgement, and discernment competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to bring colleagues together to achieve a shared goal
- Tact, diplomacy, understanding, and ability to embrace diversity
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Sensitivity and understanding of every individual as an inherently sacred child of God
- This position will likely include evening and weekend work
- This position may include some travel throughout the Archdiocese
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a resume quoting the job title “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line to HRPastoral@caedm.ca
We thank all those who apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.