Pastoral Care Coordinator
Royal Alexandra Hospital
We have a full-time employment opportunity for the right person to be located at the Royal Alexandra Hospital bringing a compassionate presence in providing spiritual and pastoral support as part of the Catholic spiritual care team working in the health care system.
As the Pastoral Care Coordinator, you will be responsible for initiating and coordinating referrals for pastoral care of patients; coordinating family case conferences when appropriate; In association with the hospital’s volunteer services office, arrange for Eucharistic ministers from the Catholic community by creating patient lists for the volunteers; participate in the development of appropriate policies procedures consistent with Archdiocesan direction and other administrative duties.
- Bachelor of Theology, Masters of Divinity or CPE and some related pastoral experience is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are needed for this position
- A strong commitment to the Catholic faith and sound ethical understanding and demonstrated commitment to pastoral care is a definite requirement
If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please provide a resume with references to email@example.com by May 23, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Youth Ministry Coordinator
St. Albert Parish
St. Albert Parish is seeking a full time Coordinator of Youth Ministry. The Youth Ministry Coordinator is responsible for development, coordination, and implementation of youth ministry programs for school aged children and youth in the parish. The programs consist of a wide variety of components: evangelization, catechesis, liturgy, community building, social action, spirituality, advocacy, leadership development and pastoral care. The Youth Ministry Coordinator reports to the pastor and collaborates with other members of the parish team and staff at associated Catholic schools to bring about the goals of youth ministry: personal and spiritual formation of youth for active discipleship. The Youth Ministry Coordinator is responsible for recruiting and preparing volunteers to serve in this ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Theology or Education or related field, preferred
- Education in youth ministry, including the Canadian Certificate in Youth Ministry Studies, preferred
- Minimum 3 years of youth ministry experience
- Active, practicing Catholic - letter of recommendation from Pastor
- Formal education in the Catholic Faith
- Friendly personality - gets along well with most people
- A concern for young people and dedication and commitment to the ministry
- Leadership qualities - ability to motivate and enable others; ability to convene, manage, and direct groups
- Organizational skills - ability to implement a plan of action in an organized and efficient manner
- Teaching skills - ability to instruct groups
- Communication skills - ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
- Skills in volunteer recruitment, training and support
- Skills in time management
Review of applications will begin on August 1, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, a letter describing their background experience, and why they are interested in this position, and at least two reference letters including one from a priest.
Please forward your application to:
Father Ignacy Warias, OMI
7 St. Vital Ave.
St. Albert, AB T8N 1K1
Youth Minister / Chaplain
St. Thomas Aquinas Roman Catholic Schools
St. Thomas Aquinas Roman Catholic SRD #38 is seeking a faith-filled Catholic, willing to work as a valued member of the central office team for the 2017 – 2018 school year. Guided by the Division’s foundational statements, the Youth Minister / Chaplain serves and advocates for the spiritual and emotional needs of all students of STAR Catholic Schools, with a particular focus on students in Grades 7-12.
Primary Duties will include:
- Engaging students as an adult who is concerned with their lives and well-being.
- Serving students by offering them opportunities to experience their faith.
- Offering students, the opportunity to delve into the richness of our Catholic faith and to be formed as Disciples of Christ.
- Challenging students to act in response to the needs of others in their school, community, and the world.
- To offer pastoral care as needed to division students.
Read the full posting
Closing Date: 9 a.m., May 19, 2017
Seasonal Employment Opportunities
Our Lady of Victory Camp
Our Lady of Victory Camp, located north-west of Red Deer at Gull Lake, has temporary employment opportunities available for the coming camping season. For more information about Our Lady of Victory Camp please go to www.olvc.ab.ca.
We have a seasonal employment opportunity for a Camp Maintenance Assistant/ Groundskeeper. The position is responsible for the upkeep and general maintenance of the camp facilities and grounds to ensure camp programs are able to be delivered and campers are accommodated in a safe and secure environment. Some of the specific duties include mowing and trimming lawns and trails, splitting and stacking wood, cleaning of camp grounds, and regular inspections of the buildings, equipment and grounds.
General maintenance and groundskeeping experience is required as well as knowledge of safe operation of mowers, hand-held lawn equipment, tree trimmers, chain saws, and their general maintenance. The working conditions include standing for long periods of time and some heavy lifting (20-40 lb.) on occasion. Must have good verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and an attitude of service. An appreciation of the Catholic faith and the nature of a Catholic camp is a requirement.
Note: This is temporary 40 hour work week position is available June 5, 2017 and continues to August 26, 2017. If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume including references by March 20, 2017 to Lisa.Macquarrie@caedm.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our seasonal employment opportunities at both camps; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
These opportunities will remain available until suitable candidates are selected.